Urban Bradesko joins us for episode fourteen in season two of Ask An Artist!
In Episode 14, we welcome 3D & VFX artist Urban Bradeskoo. Urban is the Creative Director at REBELWAY and has many years of experience in the VFX industry that has led to him being considered an expert in the medium. In this episode, Luke and Urban dissect what makes a great explosion and what components get the most realistic result.
Ask An Artist Podcast: Ep 14 - "The Anatomy of an Explosion" with Urban Bradesko
Find us anywhere you listen to podcasts!
H4: Episode 14 Show Notes:
- Introducing Urban Bradesko from Rebelway - 1:58
- Astonishing explosion sequence from Netflix’s Red Notice - 2:36
- Urban’s background, from CG simulations to Rebelway - 6:59
- What makes a good explosion? - 14:38
- Subcategories of explosion - 17:12
- The most popular explosion: the gas explosion - 17:45
- The impact explosion - 20:08
- The spark explosion - 21:53
- Aerial explosion: shifting to zero gravity - 27:04
- Mushroom cloud explosions: making nuke shockwaves - 28:13
- Tips on making realistic and convincing CG explosions - 32:26
- Explosion fun facts - 37:11
- Mixing compounds, filming explosions, and leaving impact - 40:34
- Key Takeaways - 51:46
- Additional fun facts for explosions - 53:29
- Improving the work culture through equipping people and building tools - 54:57
Connect with Urban Bradesko:
To see the explosions that Urban and Luke breakdown, click below to see the full videos:
Autobots Vs Decepticon || The Town Battle
SPECTRE | Guinness World Record Explosion
We encourage you to head to the ActionVFX Forum to discuss this podcast episode or other topics related to VFX and filmmaking!
Have you heard of the ActionVFX Subscription yet? Starting as low as $14.99 a month, you can gain direct access to the ActionVFX library! No contracts, cancel anytime. This is the best way to use the ActionVFX library in your projects.
Remember to connect with us on our social networks to stay updated on our latest news, giveaways, announcements, and more!