Mary Poplin joins us for episode thirteen in season two of Ask An Artist!
In Episode 13, we welcome Senior Product Specialist and VFX artist Mary Poplin. Mary not only works with Boris FX, but is also a trainer and content creator in the VFX space. In this episode, she discusses the importance of being a maker, shares the things she learned while working for the FX studio, and even her personal quest to learn taxidermy.
Ask An Artist Podcast: Ep 13 - "The Importance of Being a Maker" with Mary Poplin
Find us anywhere you listen to podcasts!
Episode 13 Show Notes:
- The theme of today’s topic? - 1:34
- How important is it to be a maker? - 2:18
- What Mary creates outside of Boris FX - 4:46
- How it ties together: The thematic elements to be able to create - 9:00
- Core principles she learned while working for Boris FX - 14:56
- The visual effects industry is small - 23:33
- You're going make sure that you are growing with the market that you have - 25:02
- One of the best things to learn - 25:54
- What’s next for Mary and Boris FX? - 28:34
- The next things that are on Mary’s radar to create - 31:19
- Where can people find out more about Mary and Boris FX? - 36:26
Connect with Mary Poplin:
We encourage you to head to the ActionVFX Forum to discuss this podcast episode or other topics related to VFX and filmmaking!
Have you heard of the ActionVFX Subscription yet? Starting as low as $14.99 a month, you can gain direct access to the ActionVFX library! No contracts, cancel anytime. This is the best way to use the ActionVFX library in your projects.
Remember to connect with us on our social networks to stay updated on our latest news, giveaways, announcements, and more!