In this After Effects tutorial, we will show you how to composite a realistic large scale explosion using our VFX collections.
When adding a large-scale explosion to your composition, focusing on the details can provide a much more realistic result. In this tutorial, we will walk you through how to do this using our Large Scale Gas Explosion collection.
This After Effects tutorial will cover:
- How to composite our Large Scale Gas Explosion asset easily by just dragging and dropping it into the composition.
- Using color correction to match the original plate.
- How to use multiple ActionVFX collections to enhance the look and feel of the explosion.
- How to create quick smoke trails using the elements from the Large Scale Gas Explosion collection.
- Using the EXR version of the file to do more detailed adjustments such as creating a light wrap or improving the lighting of the explosion.
Examples using the following ActionVFX elements:
Ready to follow along? Click here to download the plates and project files for this composition.
What did you think of this tutorial? Head over to the ActionVFX Forum and discuss it with other VFX artists and filmmakers!
Have other thoughts or questions? Start your own thread! Click below.
First time here? From Fire and massive Explosions to Blood and Gore VFX, we have the largest VFX library in the world ready to be composited in your project. Check out over 5,000 VFX stock footage elements right here. You can also download our free products!
Remember to connect with us on our social networks to stay updated on our latest news, giveaways, announcements, and more!