Ian Failes joins us for episode twelve in season two of Ask An Artist!
In Episode 12, we welcome VFX and animation journalist Ian Failes. Ian has written for magazines such as FXGuide, Cartoon Brew, and VFX Voice, and currently has his publication and blog called befores & afters. In this episode, Ian talks about how being pushed into the virtual space due to the pandemic has broadened his horizon when it comes to building relationships.
Ask An Artist Podcast: Ep 12 - "How to Build Meaningful Relationships" with Ian Failes
Find us anywhere you listen to podcasts!
Episode 12 Show Notes:
- Building meaningful relationships in the VFX industry - 3:37
- VFX Journalism is niche and continuously changes - 6:31
- A small industry providing space for people - 10:04
- Creating camaraderie virtually - 13:38
- Ian’s background and transition into his career - 19:31
- Sending out magazines across the globe - 24:54
- The cover of the issue III - 27:14
- Huge shows, lots of stories untold - 28:45
- Challenges in VFX journalism today - 31:31
- Ian’s podcasts for VFX - 35:56
- Always carry the “newbie mindset” - 39:00
- There will always be enough content - 41:13
- Where to find Ian Failes - 42:52
Check out more about what Andrew’s working on at the links below:
We encourage you to head to the ActionVFX Forum to discuss this podcast episode or other topics related to VFX and filmmaking!
Have you heard of the ActionVFX Subscription yet? Starting as low as $14.99 a month, you can gain direct access to the ActionVFX library! No contracts, cancel anytime. This is the best way to use the ActionVFX library in your projects.
Remember to connect with us on our social networks to stay updated on our latest news, giveaways, announcements, and more!